5 Minute Protein Brownie
Love brownies but not love handles? Same here. I also don't love the hassle that baking can be after a long day, too many dishes, too many steps, hence the birth of this 5-minute brownie. Sometimes you just really want something chocolate or sweet in the afternoon or after dinner. This is perfect for either occasion. You could even eat it as a quick meal replacement if push came to shove (I don't totally recommend making this a regular meal, but it COULD be if you really needed it to be). This recipe does call for a microwave, so if you are a purist about heating your food, I'd recommend trying this for 15 minutes at 350. BUT, I've never baked it so no guarantees!
3 minute prep | 2 minute cooktime
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (read more here)
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp flax seed (or oat flour)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (might need a splash more)
- Dump all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and mix well. You may need to play around with the protein powder to almond milk ratio (depends on how big your scoop is), but you want the "batter" to be pretty thick. If it comes out too dry you can add a little more almond butter or coconut oil the next time around.
- Microwave for 1:30-2:00 minutes (I have a tiny NY sized microwave so it takes 2 minutes. If you have a real grown up one, it may only need 1:30 minutes).
- Let sit for 2-5 minutes (needs to cool and set).
- Enjoy! If you feel fancy you can transfer it to a plate like I did in this post. But let's be real... it was for the post, in real life I just use the same bowl for everything.