Creamy Honey Avocado Dressing
If you are anything like me, you know you should eat more leafy greens, but homemade salads with dinner just aren't interesting to you. I can't even tell you how many bags of spring mix I've thrown away because I wasn't "in the mood" for a salad at home that week.
So instead of repeating the same pattern over and over, I've made two key changes which has made incorporating a salad each night not only super easy, I actually really look forward to it! It's DELISH.
Change #1, no more bagged salad. I just don't love it, and it goes bad like 5 minutes after you open it, annoying. So my new alternative? Whole heads of leafy greens (kale is my fav). But it's not hard to quickly chop it up and it just tastes so much better.
Change #2, I started making my own dressing and it has been a game-changer from just using oil olive or lemon (boring, let's be real).
This dressing is so easy to prep, and is creamy, sweet, tangy, flavorful... basically all the things you want in a dressing. A little bit also goes a long way, so you don't need to go crazy and can save some fat calories for say, cookies? (or is that just me?).
Prep time: 2 minutes | Mix time: 3 minutes
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice (little squeeze but don't go crazy)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- Combine all ingredient in small mixing bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork, and mix ingredients thoroughly with a spoon.
- Pour over salad and massage into leaves (it gets messy for a sec).
- Enjoy! It really only takes a few minutes to make and the flavors perfectly compliment whatever veggies you added. Win, win.