I'm all about super easy meals. I know myself, and after a long day, my motivation to whip up something complicated is basically non existent.
This is why food prep can be a lifesaver. I fought it for a long time because I don't really like reheated food, but honestly, it's a game-changer when it comes to eating healthy consistently (unless of course you are Gisele Bundchen and can afford to hire a personal chef, in that case always choose a personal chef).
But when you've eaten all of your prepped food (or you didn't prep this week for one reason or another), you know what else is a total lifesaver?
You only need 4 ingredients which you will more than likely have on hand, and it only takes 8-10 minutes to prep and cook. Win, win. I eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND snacks on occasion (not all on the same day obviously, but you get what I mean). You can also change the toppings depending on your mood, which helps to keep it interesting.
3 minute prep | 3-5 minute cook time
- Scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed (you can also substitute 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce if you do not have any bananas on-hand)
- 1 egg
- ~1/4 cup of almond milk
- Pre-heat non-stick pan to medium heat.
- Combine egg, banana, and protein powder in bowl, stir together. If you are too lazy to mash the banana ahead of time like me, you can just use a fork and do all at once (I told you, I like easy).
- Coat pan with thin layer of coconut oil, and add batter.
- Cook for ~3 minutes and flip. You should see small bubbles on the top of the batter, that's when you know it's time!
- Cook for ~2-3 minutes on the other side and viola!
I top my pancake with the other half of the banana and real maple syrup (just splurge for it, it tastes WAY better than the fake stuff, and isn't loaded with unnecessary extras), and will add almond butter if I'm in the mood. Other great toppings include berries of any kind, dark chocolate chips, and coconut flakes.