Roasted Veggie Medley
I bought way too many veggies this week at the grocery store... actually, ugh, I can't lie, the truth is that I didn't eat that well last week and forgot this little fact (selective memory) when I went to the store. So I kinda have double of everything. Instead of letting anything go bad, this is forcing me to bulk prep, which also means I'm more likely to eat my veggies this week. So really, this is turning into a win win all around. My favorite way to mass prep veggies is roasting them. Easy and they taste awesome, even reheated.
8-10 minute prep | 40 minute total cook time
- Sweet potatoes (butternut squash also works well)
- Brussel sprouts
- Peppers (I happen to have red)
- White onion
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cube all veggies (the brussel sprouts I just chop off the bottoms and cut in half). I also peeled my sweet potatoes because I don't always love the skin. But it's super healthy so if you are feeling lazy just leave it on! Fun story about my peeler. I bought it in Union Square years ago when I first moved to NYC from the "Peeler Man", check him out in action! It's actually an amazing peeler that I would be sad to lose, but he was so nice and entertaining to watch at a time when I hardly knew anyone, I just had to buy it. Unfortunately he passed away, and I don't know if anyone else still makes these, but it's a fun memory for me any time I use it.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over veggies (you don't need much, so don't go crazy), and add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste, mix thoroughly.
- Place sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts on tin foil lined pan, and bake for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the peppers and onions and put back in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove after veggies are crisp around the edges, or poke easily with a fork (you may need another 5 minutes if they still feel hard).
- Enjoy! These store well and you will totally thank yourself for planning ahead when you need dinner in a pinch.